My shower clogged badly this weekend. My usual fix of baking soda, vinegar, and boiling water didn’t work (environmentally and kitty friendly). I had to call maintenance who was only available today. Me being me, I tried to fix it myself using harsh chemicals. That did not work, so I’ve been spending the last 24 hours or so trying to keep the cats away.

Thank goodness for being able to work from home. I did some light stuff with my research. A lot of people think the easy access to work at home is bad, but in this situation, it’s great. Now that my shower is clean, I can monitor things in my apartment, like the candles I’m burning to clear out the scent.

In terms of my research, I’ve been looking at a different, more recent data set in hopes of spotting other masers.  It’s the same source or object, just a different date for the data. It’s like taking data for the sun five years ago and taking the same type of data today. We’re still waiting for the other data; the man from whom we are receiving it is quite busy from what I understand. My work today (unless my advisor otherwise emails me) simply involved familiarizing myself with a new command in AIPS, which creates an intensity (sounds like what it is; strength) vs. time graph.

Here is one of them that I took screenshots of (I sent them to my advisor. I think it’s supposed to be 3 masers; hence the three very distinct peaks. I

Advertisements